This page outlines what the MyPhoto online photo submission web site will look and feel like once you have logged into and upload your photo. The link at the bottom of the page will take you to the MyPhoto login page.
In order to have your university ID card ready for pick up upon your arrival to campus, you must submit a professional color PASSPORT PHOTO. The card must provide the best photo possible for official university business. While photo upload is required, You may visit the EmoryCard Services office during normal business hours to have a photo taken.
By submitting a photo for your official Emory ID card, you agree the photo may be used by Emory for official business. Please contact EmoryCard Services if you have questions about this policy at 404-727-6095 or EmoryCard@emory.edu.
To begin, click on the Get Started Now button located on the EmoryCard Services web site under My First Photo online photo submission.
The above photos represent acceptable EmoryCard ID photos. Notice that they are very similar in size and requirements to U.S. Passport photos. In fact, we recommend that you have your photo taken by one of the many retail establishments that offer passport photo services. Many of them are able to provide you a digital copy of the photo which you can then easily upload to our system.
To ensure your photo is accepted, you MUST meet the following criteria:
- Current photo of yourself; must be taken within the last 6 months
- Passport photo saved in .jpg format only
- Color passport photo only
- Background must be plain white background with no patterns, textures, or scenic backgrounds
- Face straight ahead, looking directly into camera; No head tilts
- Center your face and shoulders within photo frame; look directly into the camera
- Cropped from just above the top of the head to the collarbone
- Wear colored clothing
- No hats, sunglasses or any other article that may obstruct the face or hair. Religious accommodations are made for headpieces if worn daily for religious purposes; however, they should not obscure or cast shadows on the eyes or any other part of the face
- No glare on glasses, red eye, shadows, blurry or previously taken professional photos
- No other visible people or objects
- Not too dark, bright, close or distant; Brightness and contrast should be adjusted to present the subject and background accurately; Photos without proper contrast or color may obscure unique facial features
- A natural expression is encouraged
- Color should reproduce natural skin tones of student
- Eyeglasses should be worn if normally used by the subject
- Over- or under-exposure may render the photo unusable
- Facial features should be clearly evident in the photo
- High-resolution photography is strongly recommended
Have your picture taken, according to the diagram below:
Once you have reviewed the detailed instructions and have a properly formatted photo,
please proceed to step 2. You will have the ability to crop your photo if needed.
- Proceed to Step two by clicking in the box presented to you on Step 1 of the EmoryCard
site as shown below and then clicking on the box that says “Proceed to Step 2”:
Click on the link to “Browse” for photo. This will launch a dialog box in your browser. You can select the location of your file. Once you have selected the photo’s file location, select it by clicking on the “open” button in the dialog box.
- Click the “NEXT” button to upload your photo to the system.
- Click “FINISH” to continue.
If needed, you can use this on-line tool to crop or resize your photo. After you
are finished, you will be able to compare your photo with a sample provided. Please
crop or resize your photo now or if you are satisfied, continue to step 4. You can
also remove the file and start over.
Click on the button that says “Continue to Step 4”
Step 4 will display a sample of an EmoryCard. Compare the sample EmoryCard with
your EmoryCard shown with your uploaded photo.
Does your photo look like the given example?
- Click on the radio button that answers the following question:
I have reviewed the necessary photo requirements of EmoryCard. I understand that
if I submit a photo that does not meet the requirements or is improperly formatted,
my application may be delayed until a suitable photo is resubmitted. I hereby certify
that the information provided is correct and the photo I am uploading is a true
image of myself. I understand that this photo may become part of my official record
and can be used by Emory University for official purposes. By submitting this photo
for your student ID you agree this photo may be used by Emory University Student
Records and or the University Health Service.
- If you selected yes, continue to the next paragraph that explains your acceptance
and understanding of submitting your photo using this on-line tool:
- Click on the box that says “Submit Photo”. This will submit the uploaded photo to the EmoryCard system.
If your photo has been uploaded successfully, a confirmation message will display
that will contain your tracking number as shown below:
Thank you for submitting your photo to the Emory University.
Your Photo has been successfully uploaded to our database.
Student is provided a tracking number to track the status of their Emory Card.
Get Started Now